Rookery Park is comprised of the old surrounding gardens for Rookery House, in Erdington. The house was originally known as Birches Green House and dates from the 1730s. It passed between a number of owners in the 18th and 19th centuries before being renamed Rookery House by William Wiley, the pencil case manufacturer, in 1871. Barbara Spooner, who later married William Wilberforce, is one of its former residents.
In the 20th century, the house and surrounding gardens were purchased by Birmingham Council and became Rookery Park.
Kingsbury Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 9SE