Ward End Park
Birmingham Corporation purchased 43 acres of land in September 1903 and a further 11 acres in November 1903. These were officially opened to the public as Ward End Park on 14 May 1904.
Over the years a number of refurbishments and developments have taken place within in the park including the youth centre, car park and pathways. The last major investment into Ward End Park took place in 1989 when a 10 year programme released several millions of pounds for Birmingham's inner city parks. In 2000 a Park Warden was appointed and in 2005 a Park Keeper post was re introduced.
The 100th Anniversary celebrations took place in 2004. A time capsule was buried in the grounds to mark the event.
The park has a good sports facilities including cricket nets, multi use areas, tennis courts, and cycling hub.